Adopt an Artifact
Adopt an Artifact – Protect the History You Love
Stepping Stones holds the largest collection of ephemera that belonged to Alcoholics Anonymous Cofounder Bill Wilson and Al-Anon Family Groups Cofounder Lois Wilson. Stepping Stones’ new Adopt an Artifact Program of Stepping Stones is a way for you to help ensure the proper care and preservation of the beloved historic collection of 110,000 objects and manuscripts, and to support the overall nonprofit mission of Stepping Stones. Your “adoption” via a donation helps us manage the professional upkeep, maintenance, conservation, and storage of Bill and Lois Wilson’s original belongings.
Adopt an Artifact donations are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law. Adoptions go toward the general maintenance of a specific artifact and overall support of the landmark home and archive’s mission, which may include specialized conservation treatment of a particular object or manuscript.
Artifact “adoption” or “sponsorship,” lasts one year from the date of adoption and is renewable. Adoption is not a “purchase” of the item. Historic materials may be rotated in and out of display or stored for treatment and/or protection.
Delight a friend or loved one by adopting an artifact in their honor or show your love for the recovery legacy of those who came before you by adopting an item yourself.
“Adoption” Levels & Benefits
- Adoption certificate
- Your name (unless you prefer to be anonymous) as the artifact sponsor on the “Our Adopters” list on this web page
- Your name (unless you prefer to be anonymous) in our annual large newsletter (Listing may include a tribute honoring or remembering someone special if you choose.)
- Admission to Donor-Only Series Events
$500 Sponsorship – All of the above benefits, plus…
- Picture of the artifact with description and explanation of the significance
- If the artifact is conserved or maintained, before and after pictures
$1000 and Above – All of the above benefits, plus…
- Social media shout out (unless you prefer to be anonymous)
$2500 – All of the above benefits, plus…
- Mention of your sponsorship in newsletter note about the object
- Receive conservation status reports on your adopted object
$5,000 – All of the above benefits, plus…
- Mention of your sponsorship during a live Stepping Stones event
- Behind the scenes tour of the home and archive or virtual tour with a Stepping Stones’ historian for you and your guests
- Gift shop phone or in person order discount
Email email@example.com to sponsor an object or manuscript in our Adopt an Artifact program.
Coming Soon – Select from the following objects and complete the adoption form by clicking here.
Coming Soon – Objects to Adopt
$5000 & Above
The support of community members helps us continue to care for and exhibit rare and one-of-a-kind artifacts that connect us with the past. Thank you for helping to preserve our history!
Adopt & Your Name or Honoree’s Name Can Be Listed Here!